Thursday, June 26, 2008

Alright...

So, since I haven't been able to figure out what to use this space for yet, and I'm on one of the most exciting trips ever, I figure I might as well start using it to post status reports of what we are doing in India. Especially since so far everything has been from Steph's perspective. = )

Things have actually been going really well! Since I'm not the heartiest individual and this was my first time oversees I was really worried that I wouldn't do well over here, but so far so good. I got a headache yesterday, but when it cleared after a nap, everything was good.

My favorite part of the whole trip so far has been seeing such an active church over here. Everywhere we go, it seems we see the church thriving. Anyone who might be tempted to say that the days of miracles are over, only needs to board a plane for India. All over the place I see and hear of miracles happening for His glory!

Two days ago a family came to stay at our hosts home. When we got to talk to them yesterday they said they were here because their son collapsed at their home a ways away. They found him unconscious on his bed, and thought that he had choked on his own vomit. When they took him to a doctor, they found out that he had a brain cyst.

They continued to pray by his bedside while he was unconscious in the hospital. All the time trusting that God would heal him. They began to notice the people around them, people who had no hope of a loving God, that took interest in their plights. And other people began to notice their confidence and strength despite their son's desperate condition. A few hours later he opened his eyes and the first words out of his mouth were praises to God.

They were in Delhi now, to continue his treatment in hopes that the cyst would go away. That was yesterday, today they told us just now that the cyst is completely gone. Meanwhile everyone around them has been able to witness their trust and faith in God.

In a nation that is so self centered, the Christ followers here shine out like stars. Please continue to pray for our brothers and sisters here in India!

No comments: